Alchemy Gold Nugget Cheese Bread
Bread is usually the first food to arrive at the table, and we feel that it should make an impression, just like a spectacular appetizer or over-the-top dessert. At Alchemy, this cheesy, spicy bread arrives at every table before the entree. We don’t charge for it, although we probably should. The recipe is our most frequently requested, and servers have copies that they freely distribute. Often, people will special order cooked or uncooked Gold Nugget Bread to bring to potlucks or holiday parties. We often notice new servers gaining a few pounds during their first month of employment due to snacking on this bread.
Write a review
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 1/2 pound salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 c. frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/2 c. chopped green onions
- 2 serrano chiles, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 c. shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the butter, corn, green onions, chiles, garlic, cilantro, and cheeses in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on low speed with the paddle attachment until ingredients are combined. Gradually increase the speed and whip until the mixture is light and fluffy. (Note: this procedure can also be done by hand with a whisk). Slice the bread in half lenghwise, then spread the butter mixture evenly on both halves. Place bread on cookie sheet and bake until golden brown. Slice into one-inch wide strips and serve.
- Beverage Suggestion: We suggest something bubbly to cut the richness of this bread and cleanse the palate of the spicy chiles, such as any sparkling wine or hoppy ale.